Some way to install rawtherapee

Is there any way to install Rawtherapee https://rawtherapee.com/ It is RAW-converter. In my point of view, It is a powerful tool, might be it contains the setting of a lot, but a result image can be comparable with Capture One.
I know, there is Darktable, but sorry it is in big distance from Rawtherapee, and much more from Capture One.

looks at the download page
why would you want to install it?

I do not know how to handle with .AppImage files… (RawTherapee-releases-5.6-20190420.AppImage) Software tells: “Failed to install file: file not supported”.

It is RAW-converter. In my point of view, It is a powerful tool, might be it contains the setting of a lot, but a result image can be comparable with Capture One.
I know, there is Darktable, but sorry it is in big distance from Rawtherapee, and much more from Capture One.

AppImage doesn’t work on Clear Linux.

It does. And the RawTerapee AppImage also works on clearlinux. However, the instructions for using them are slightly different:

1. Download the appimage (save as…)
  2. Make it executable: chmod +x $appimage
  3. run it: ./$appimage

I tried it and it works. Most, if not all appimages, should all just work fine on clearlinux.

1 Like

Thanks! I will try that!

=========================================================================================================
Name        : RawTherapee
Version     : 5.6
Prefix      : RawTherapee-5.6
Buildreqs   : buildreq-cmake cmake libjpeg-turbo-dev libpng-dev pkg-config 
Buildreqs   : pkgconfig(cairomm-1.0) pkgconfig(expat) pkgconfig(fftw3f) pkgconfig(gio-2.0) pkgconfig(giomm-2.4) 
Buildreqs   : pkgconfig(glib-2.0) pkgconfig(glibmm-2.4) pkgconfig(gobject-2.0) pkgconfig(gthread-2.0) pkgconfig(gtk+-3.0) 
Buildreqs   : pkgconfig(gtkmm-3.0) pkgconfig(lcms2) pkgconfig(lensfun) pkgconfig(libiptcdata) pkgconfig(librsvg-2.0) 
Buildreqs   : pkgconfig(libtiff-4) pkgconfig(sigc++-2.0) zlib-dev 
Summary     : No detailed summary available
License     :  GPL-3.0  (server) ( e356a1be060a7aaaf8a697871a9e24c9ea5dda17 )
License     :  GPL-3.0  (server) ( d8cd7005d36397bc46fe74851453e57418cdd5c1 )
Licenses    :  GPL-3.0

I’m seeing if we can just package it natively in clearlinux :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks like it works! I’ll bundle this and it’ll be available in 1-2 days as a swupd bundle!

1 Like

This is very nice software… the quality of conversion is one of the best out there.

1 Like