Usb installation: fail to find media

I’ve a problem installing via USB. I create USB with different methods (dd and etcher) and different USB sticks but i stuck After checking compatibility every Time. As result i got “failed to find installer media”. I double checked the “secure boot” stuff, bios and everything else. I got an error -110 (Google says that is something about usb power) but with other distros (debian, ubuntu and arch for sure as i tested them ) everything boots and install without problems. I disabled quiet mode and client=somethingn08 as suggested in other posts and took a screen

Edit:
I managed to complete the boot sequence and run the live os by quickly unplugging and plugging the USB stick while “searching for installer media” message appears. After that i complete the installation process without problems and now everything work properly.

Can you choose boot device in BIOS? and also make sure UEFI mode is enabled.

Yes i can choose between two uefi USB media, whatever i choose doesn’t resolve my problems. I managed to complete the boot sequence and run the live os by quickly unplugging and plugging the USB stick while “searching for installer media” message appears. I tried several times and It works everytime but if let It boot without touch anything doesn’t complete the boot sequence. Could It be a bug?

1 Like

Then report it on GitHub and mention that the installer media is discovered when you ‘unplug and plug’ the USB stick.

GitHub Issue for tracking:

Same problem. Unplugging/plugging back in did not work

I have found the volume label of the installation USB (or DVD) needs to be CLR_ISO and no different. I have not done extensive testing but you can easily try that on your USB stick. Rufus sets the volume label automatically but allows you to change it. I changed it once and the boot (or maybe the install) failed.

Blockquote
I create USB with different methods (dd and etcher) and different USB sticks but i stuck After checking compatibility every Time.

The tutorial now suggests to use Etcher for making the live ISO. Etcher is very straightforward and I haven’t met any problem since I used it.

In particular, I cannot recall I ever set the partition label. Probably CLR_ISO is the default.

Same problem.Please tell me what to do?