Virtual Machine Manager does not show UEFI options

I’m trying to create a clearlinux VM in clearlinux host. I followed the guide https://docs.01.org/clearlinux/latest/get-started/virtual-machine-install/virt-manager.html but I’m getting different options while selecting BIOS.
The options are:
Custom: /usr/share/qemu/edk2-x86_64-secure-code.fd
Custom: /usr/share/qemu/edk2-x86_64-code.fd

And if I try to continue installation after selecting any of those Custom options following error occurs:

Unable to complete install: ‘operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /usr/share/qemu/edk2-x86_64-secure-code.fd’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py”, line 75, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/createvm.py”, line 2089, in _do_async_install
guest.installer_instance.start_install(guest, meter=meter)
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/install/installer.py”, line 542, in start_install
domain = self._create_guest(
File “/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/install/installer.py”, line 491, in _create_guest
domain = self.conn.createXML(install_xml or final_xml, 0)
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/libvirt.py”, line 3928, in createXML
if ret is None:raise libvirtError(‘virDomainCreateXML() failed’, conn=self)
libvirt.libvirtError: operation failed: unable to find any master var store for loader: /usr/share/qemu/edk2-x86_64-secure-code.fd

To anybody trying same, selecting the BIOS option and then begin installation worked just fine.

Thanks for reporting this. I am seeing the entries missing like you.

I’ve opened a bug on GitHub to investigate this further:

“me too” :smiley:

I’m trying to import a win10 Hyper-V gen 2 VM & I was able to manually hack the xml by manually specifying the below:
<loader type="rom">/usr/share/qemu/OVMF.fd</loader>

BEFORE:
<os>
<type arch="x86_64" machine="pc-q35-4.2">hvm</type>
<boot dev="hd"/>
</os>

AFTER:
<os>
<type arch="x86_64" machine="pc-q35-4.2">hvm</type>
<loader type="rom">/usr/share/qemu/OVMF.fd</loader>
<boot dev="hd"/>
</os>

The above allowed me to start the VM, but it turns off seconds later (guess this is b/c secure boot was enabled when the VHDX was exported?)

I get this issue too now. How to fix it?

I trying it but it’s still failed