Welcome to the Clear Linux Community Forum!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Keep us posted, and welcome to the community!

Hi Mark, from one Clear newb to another: welcome! I feel the same way. When Clear is “rocking”, it is exciting to me. Especially typing shutdown now at the command prompt and my laptop is off in 4 seconds.

2 Likes

To all the professionals behind clear linux:

Thank you so much! what you have done here is nothing short of amazing.

Had to go back to Ubuntu… can’t believe its the same year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all. Finally got around to installing Clear Linux. I got a new i7 NUC not long ago and am now triple booting it with Windows 10, Pop OS linux and Clear Linux.
I had 2 reasons for trying this operating system:

• Intel hardware optimizations

• The vast number of development type tools available to easily deploy

I can say that I notice a significant difference between the 3 operating systems on this NUC, with Clear Linux feeling so much more snappy than the other 2.
I have found the forum to be useful so far in helping me install Google Chrome.
I am not using Clear Linux professionally, but will most likely use it for day to day personal desktop use, plus a bit of training in different areas, data science, dev etc.
I like the ease in which I can install Gnome extensions too, great idea having them available in the Software app.
No issues in particular so far, so good job team :slight_smile:

Regards;

There was one benchmark from 2018 comparing performance on Ubuntu and Clear Linux, and it found that AMD Rhyzen got greater performance boost, by percentage.
That’s to say the optimisation is not just for Intel hardwares, but for Linux in general.

1 Like

It would be a nice gesture if Intel shipped a Clear Linux / Intel branded USB stick with their NUC.

With a bootable live image of Clear Linux, plus all videos and documentation on a seperate NTFS partition, making all accessible to Windows users.

3 Likes

if this is the right place to write it:
with xfce I had system freezing a couple of times in the last week (mouse and keyboard)
If not please let me know where I should write

+1

I understand that this is an older post, but just wanted to add my vote for Intel to ship Clear Linux on a USB drive with their NUC and NUC kits. I recently retired from a large company myself, where only a single division was software development, so I understand that communication between divisions can be slow and sometimes problematic, but it would be a super way to expose more people to Clear Linux.

I am running Clear Linux on the newest i5BEH NUC and other than the hiccup with kernel 5.3 booting, it’s running great.

I don’t visit the Distro Watch site often, and I didn’t know about Clear Linux until I saw a comparison of performance between Clear Linux and some other Linux distros.

Anyway, to the Clear Linux team: thanks for what you do!

2 Likes

Thanks for supporting my idea… it’s appreciated !

3 Likes

Congratulations, it is good hear

2 Likes

Very impressed with your project! “Friendly-strict approach” as I call it for my friends.
It seems that I will become a local influencer, I haven’t studied anything yet, but I’m already advertising CL to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, I am recently installed CL alongside Win10, I like it so far but there is a couple of things makes me wonder if this is os related or rather something with my system, ie: After choosing CL on boot menu the booting process could be faster and when it if the system is loaded , to open the setting first time takes a lot of time while the cursor/touch pad remains unresponsive. Does anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Hiya from Scotland!
I have just installed CL on an ASUS Zenbook 14 Flip with Ryzen 5 3500U. It works fine and autorotation is not working due to lack of drivers in kernel 5.5. I checked that 5.6 will have the new AMD sensor driver incorporated,so, I wait.
Also the very practical gadget of a numpad incorporated in the touchpad is not working. Do you allow AMD processors on the forum? They recommend CL as their preferred distro!!

1 Like

There are lots of users like you active on the forums. Everyone is welcome!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Mike I’ve been happily using Clear Linux for almost a year now. The performance on Clear Linux is incredible and glad to see there is a community of people that feel the same way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Clear Linux OS is my Favorite ! I

I have used most of the popular distributions beginning from slackware. Intel’s Clear Linux OS is the most stable & fastest distribution in my opinion, in terms of boot up time, system & applications response. Obvious, that the OS is optimized for Intel CPUs. I rate the os maximum not because it is the fastest but it has many features as mention in the web site like:

1. Software distributed as Bundles rather than as Packages
  2. Stateless OS
  3. File Size of updates
  4. Different approach in Installation / Partitioning & Boot loader (clr-boot manager instead of Grub)

All these efforts & many more optimizations have made the OS the more stable & usable

Whereas other linux distributions that I tried earlier worked well until installation of new package. Conflicting libraries, dependencies, would make applications to break.

The OS fundamentals all together have improved Overall stability to a good extent.

With improved Linux drivers, I believe, Clear Linux has all the potential to become leading Desktop OS

6 Likes

Thank you team CLear Linux OS!

1 Like

If you like to introduce yourself… do it here :wink:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all team of developers, the Clean Linux is very fast and provide excellent tools for AI and Machine Learning. Congrats.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to give Anaconda a try on Clear Linux :wink: