Hello, found weird problem - i am trying to install CL on some kind of old hardware , there is a specs:
Server version installs and working absolutely fine on lts kernel (on latest kernel (5.8+) i have some problems with realtek ethernet , so i switched to lts and its fine). But , when i trying to install Desktop version i’ve got a weird problem - installer tried to start, but then “freezing” after trying on launching gnome (screen is black, mouse cursor appearing just for few seconds). Also i can see for 1 seconds login screen where is instead of user icon “not listed” text.
What i tried:
- Fedora 32/33, ubuntu 20.04 desktops working fine
- Installed CL server, then installed desktop over it - result are the same
- My assumption was that something wrong with Intel HD , i am installed external GPU, nothing changed
- Installed ESXi 6.7 over this small box, and tried to create VM with CL Desktop - installer launch with the same result as on baremetal
- Tried different versions of CL like 31000 -> 33700, all the same, older version not working because of AES
- Compatibility script says that my HW is OK
I will try to find something in the logs.
Ok there is a logs:
First output of journal taken before disabling wayland, second after. Error could be found by “systemd-coredumd”
Also i recorded video how it looks like:
(at the end i am pressing ctrl-alt-f2)
i started X with startx but it crashed very fast, and looks like it quite buggy