Today I have installed ClearLinux as dual boot OS with my Windows 10.
During the day I met several errors that made me believe that keeping Win10 as second OS was a good decision.
Since it is my first Linux experience, I admit that most of the errors are noob errors. But I believe some problems could be solved with proper documentation or faq service.
- After installation I decided to install Opera browser and fix the error with nvidia drivers (planning to work with CUDA). Went through the guide on the website and restarted my laptop.
Well, not sure it is what I expected to see. Took me a while to solve the issue. Found a solution with swupd repair --picky. Just repair didnt help, 7 files that were supposed to be deleted couldnt be deleted. Picky removed bunch of installations including opera . 7 files were still not deleted, but I found 1 more line of code on forum that helped me launch gnome.
- Yeah, somewhere on the way to solve previous issue, I had to remove nvidia drivers that I installed.
- I decided to switch from the beauty part of OS into code. "code . " in terminal didnt work even though I had vscode installed. Should I specify path or smth? If so, how can I do it?
- Launched vscode from apps. created new py file. Enabled extension. Specified the path correctly. But it cant recognize the environment. Tested to run the file in terminal - everything works perfectly. Same in Jupyter. But didnt manage to make it run in VSCode.
- Is there a way to change access from read-only to full when it comes to different disks? I wanted to access /dev/sda2 from jupyter (I have a bunch of files there). But they are in readonly mode. Is mounting a good solution? Couldnt figure it out by myself.