How to add a printer

ok,if your lsusb give you Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04e8: 300c Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd ML-1210 Printer.
mkdir /etc/udev/rules.d/
then : nano /etc/udev/rules.d/ 99-printer.rules
and add this rule : SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“04e8”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“300c”, MODE=“0666”, GROUP=“lp”.
reboot ,and hope you can see your driver

I do not understand how to execute command in Nano.

Read this in the Nano command manual: "2.1 Entering Text

All key sequences in nano are entered using the keyboard. nano is a “modeless” editor. All keys, with the exception of Control and Meta key sequences, will enter text into the file being edited. "
this means that nothing more than pasting the text you entered is needed. I interpret the text that way?
If this is true, there is no new option under printer.

I tried CTRL X
and then
save Enter
seems to be correct? But didn’t work.

sudo mkdir /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/ 99-printer.rules
copy paste this SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“04e8”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“300c”, MODE=“0666”, GROUP=“lp”
then ctrl x then y then enter
if ok reboot

Exakt how I did last time.
Then opening Nano (in terminal) with “sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/ 99-printer.rules” I can see “SUBSYSTEMS==“usb”, ATTRS{idVendor}==“04e8”, ATTRS{idProduct}==“300c”, MODE=“0666”, GROUP=“lp”…” there.
But No, there is no printer showing up in setting/add a new printer.
Am I missing another command like I did with rpm2cpio perhaps?

This is a complicated procedure for a novis like me. I thought Linux was not that complicated these days as it seems to be. Sad but true, as it seems.
So I’m glad that you have taken time to help me out with this Stavros_Andreadis. Even if we yet not have succeeded.